Thursday, May 10, 2007

In which the author wishes she had WiFi so she could post from the outdoors

Remember yesterday? Well, I decided that it was time to get off my tuckus and do something about that yard. Since the dogwood was taken down, it's looking a much more usable size (it was a really big dogwood!) so I'm feeling rather motivated. I'm currently on my little mid-morning coffee-and-biscotti-and-internet break. I'll tell you my plan, then get back'on out there!

*****

Alright, I just wasted like 15 minutes trying to draw you a picture using Paint of my backyard. Didn't work. Anyway, it's small, with a garden bed on each side of the yard that curves, so the corners are freaking deep (too deep. I don't want to wade around in the plants to weed them). The dogwood was in one of the corners. So I'm making that bed about 1/5th the size it was, regrading and reseeding. The result should be grass, lots more of it, and lower maintenance. I also picked up some seeds for climbing plants - Nasturtiums, Morning Glories and Scarlet Runner pole beans - to cover the unattractive wooden "fences" that wall in the yard. Hopefully I have enough sun. I probably don't, but what's a few seeds in the hopes of pretty?

I got a call from the place I interviewed last week. We shall see. I'm starting to wonder if it really is the perfect job for me. The busy season for the position is November - March, during which I really can't take any days off. It's also a busy rehearsal/performing period, and if I am lucky enough to get a principal role doing Gilbert and Sullivan next season, I may need a week or two of reduced hours, not mandatory overtime. Meh. We'll see.

I haven't had a pic for a post in a while. Keep forgetting to download them from the phone/camera. Maybe later today. And I know, I know, I still haven't really posted on Saturday's concert. Honestly, I'm still trying to find a picture of myself in which I don't look positively, well, fat. I'm not, I know I'm not, but everyone who took pics managed to get me looking chubby. Not good for the self-esteem, let me tell you. At least my new trend to eating lots of raw veggies and working outside seems to be working: 5lbs down! Doesn't help with how I looked last weekend though. Maybe I'll find a screen shot that will work....

Must go play in the dirt now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...