Sunday, May 27, 2007

I have sunshine-y plans!

This weekend was more like two work days. We had our dance school exams! My students all did fairly well, I think (hard to say, as I wasn't in the room of course, and the examiner doesn't give the teachers too many hints on the day of the exams. But I'm hopeful for my girls. I had a good time out at the studio, and all the extra time I spent with my teacher/boss was a real delight, and I feel as thought I truly got to know her better.

And she made me a little offer. Our performing troupe is going on a trip to Russia to dance at a multicultural dance festival (the MacCulloch dancers have been to China, Spain, Belgium - twice, I believe, - France, Mexico - twice, - Scotland several times, Bulgaria...) and this year's group of travellers is sadly lacking in highland dancers. Am I sure I wouldn't like to go? The only reason I hadn't agreed to go was financial, but now I have a good job, and three weeks vacation annually. So sometime this week I'll see if I can use a week or so at the end of the summer!!! How excited am I at the possibility that I'll dance in Red Square?! Oh wow!!

I got a fair bit of knitting done, as well. I am about three inches past the toe increases of the FBIL's kilt hose. I'm hoping that the next few days will see the total completion of the feet; I'm really looking forward to the pattern-work on the legs of the stockings.

And I'm watching Houseboat. Cary Grant and Sophia Loren...charming!

Oh, right...the sunshine-y plans: I'm planning to take pics of the kilt stockings during my lunch hours downtown. Prepare yourself!

2 comments:

  1. I think I'm more jealous that you get three weeks vacation right off the bat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds awesome! I've never been out of my country. (I have seen Canada, though.)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...