Monday, April 09, 2007

Titles are for suckers, man!

I hate looking for work. I hate. looking. for work. Almost all the mainstream jobs out there just seem so banal and pedestrian. Or I'm not quite qualified. And not bilingual. I am a huge fan of having a bilingual nation, and I'm moderately ashamed of myself for not having retained all my French-language training, but come on, cosmos! Cut me a break!

This is just no fun at all. I know I'm going to end up working retail again at the local fabric store, I just know it.

What the hell have I done with my life?

2 comments:

  1. I'm hitting the same wall. Except while I know Spanish, I'm not comfortable enough labeling myself bilingual.

    What I would love to do? Be the person writing/placing these classified ads. Nothing like finding an ad for a Truck Driver in with the Clerical stuff and it's got 10 typos in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm over qualified for most things around here. My hope is that when the Collar finds his new job, I'll have more opportunities.

    Meanwhile, I am an adjunct biology professor. Sigh.

    I'll keep my fingers crossed for you if you'll return the favor when I start looking! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...