Monday, March 12, 2007

It may not be such a great idea

...to put down a project for which there is no pattern, because you're making up the pattern as you go along, for several weeks. It's easy to forget what you were doing, where you were in the pattern, and what the plan for the thing was.


DSC00134_editedAll is not lost, though! Luckily, I've been carefully drafting a post for the pattern - for the lace alpaca stockings - on Blogger, so I was able to figure out where I was, and what my plan was to be.

I am not posting what I have done so far, because I am pretty sure the directions are strange and difficult to understand. Once I've started the second stocking, and have tweaked the pattern to be sure it makes sense to more people than just *me*, I'll post it. Assuming this works. And that it looks half-way decent. And fits.

Little else to report on the knitting front. I've started and restarted the ends to The Man's Birthday Scarf (which, as you may recall, was far too short. This is the risk one runs when knitting it lengthwise) and so far...I'm not sure. The problem seems to be that when I pick up what seems like the right number of stitches and start doubleknitting (as I did for the body of the scarf) the newly knitted portion pulls in and is narrower than the rest of the scarf. Meaning, it looks stupid. All homemade and badly done and stupid. I DO NOT want to frog the whole thing. NO. So I'll have to find a way to fix this. Blocking like mad? Or pick up too many stitches so that it almost flares outward, only to be snugged in by the doubleknitting? Haven't decided yet. I'll let you know.

DSC00117In other news, it is warming up here. Nice mid-March weather, which means, of course, that it is gross and slushy and muddy. I discovered yesterday that the sidewalk plow has destroyed a significant portion of the front lawn. Not that the condo-corp will reseed. Oh, no, that's not their issue. Good grief, I want to move.

And, *hint hint*, that may happen someday in the not totally inconceivable future! I would need to have a job....but that might not be a problem, either.....Keep your fingers crossed for me, and for my sleep! Insomnia and office work do not work well together.
DSC00135
And why are there pictures of Wembley with this post? Because she's adorable, and I just love her to little puppy-pieces, that's why! Look at her little face....precious.

2 comments:

  1. Hee hee, I love posts with pictures--even if they have nothing really to do with the post!

    I hear you about designing your own stuff and letting it sit for a while! Oof! At least with stockings you can hone your pattern on the 2nd one right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like pictures of dogs! Mine show up pretty often on my blog.

    I'm kinda/sorta designing a hoodie for my 9 yo. You should see how many notes I'm taking. The hope is to finish it before it is too hot for him to wear it here.

    I'd love to see the stockings.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...