Monday, March 19, 2007

And now we wait

Soooo...as you may or may not know, I haven't been truly, gainfully employed since early June of last year. I've been teaching dance classes (very lucrative, at $8 a week) and doing some seamstressing (to date, I've earned $175) but generally I haven't really been able to contribute. And that is because of the fun-and-games of Chronic Fatigue. Oo-de-lally! What fabulousness. Fortunately, my days of sleeping for 14 hours straight for five days in a row appear to be behind me, so my thoughts turn to earning a proper living for myself.

I interviewed for a job today, and I really, really want to get this job. I almost don't want to talk about it until I know if I got it or not for fear of jinxing it. If I get this job, many of the issues in our lives will begin to resolve (everything seems to come back to money when you don't have any!). Moreover, I will like what I do. I will want to get up and go to work in the morning. I really want this job.

No new knitting news. I need another set of dpns to start the second stocking and try out a few alterations to the pattern (it's just too tight around the heel) and the birthday scarf, frankly, is pissing me off. Maybe I'll give it another go tonight. Or maybe I'll fringe a big broadcloth square for one of the dancers for whom I'm making a dress. Either way, I'm off to watch some Firefly. Damn, that was a fantastic show!

2 comments:

  1. I am sending you good non-job-jinxing thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing, you knit, you sing, you cook amazing food, and you're gorgous. They would be silly to miss out on working with you.

    And damn, firefly is a good show. I miss it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...