1. Plan a daily advent activity for our family. Something nifty but reflective to help us focus on the season.
I've got ideas percolating. My wonderful and dear friend Katie Munnik shared with me her plan for her family's advent activity (which involves craft foam and fishing line! How awesome is that!!) and I've been thinking about what we'll be doing. We're going to focus on expectancy, the wait. Once it's all figured out I'll be sure to share.2. Get out of the apartment. We've been cooped up in here for days and, to be quite honest, Peanut is starting to get a little wrangy (this is a word I use. I think it's a real word. Just go with me on this one) as a result. Kid needs some air!
We picked up Jon at work last night. We have a scheduled errand this afternoon so we might head to the park then, too.3. Build a fort. We've never built a fort in the living room and I think this might be the week for it.
We're expecting snow tomorrow. I think that fort building is on tap for the snowy day.4. Decorate. Ooh, baby, I love Christmas festoonation (again with the non-real words. Consider it a theme).
5. Dig out the sewing room. Remember how it looked back at Easter? Well, I bought some shelves, put all sorts of stuff on them...and the room still looks no better. Where does all the stuff come from?! Maybe I should also...
Oh who knows. :) Maybe tonight?
6. Get rid of some stuff. Or not. Whatever.
7. Christmas sewing! I'm very excited about this. I have fabric for a new dress for Peanut and fabric for a Christmas stocking for Bubby.
If this happens this week I'll be extremely surprised.
8. Find the final piece to my new toy (I'm saving this for a whole separate post: it's also very exciting). Then commence playing with new toy (you'll actually benefit from this one: just wait for it).
This! This I've halfway done. This afternoon's errand will finish this. And then I'll share an elated post about my new toy.
So, what are you up to today?