Having been referring to myself as a 'seamstress' for the past two months, I am happy to report I am actually seamstressing for hire! Yay! Fifteen identical dresses made to fit fifteen mid-teen girls, plus some special occasion dresses for other dancing pals. Again, I say, Yay!
So tomorrow turned into three days, so here we have my list of things to complete before Christmas. Keep in mind that for most of these I have yet to purchase or even choose yarn:
1. Felted bag for DS. Front of the bag is knit, so now we need a back and strap, to felt it, and add some ornamentation. Yoopee.
2. A hat to match the My-So-Called Scarf I knit for DS LAST year, but couldn't quite complete before Christmas (because SOMEBODY ate my knitting needles with the scarf on them).
3. A lacy wrap for Mum.
4. A knitting-themed gift for SIL: a knitting caddy (sewn by moi) with hand-made stitch markers and stitch-row markers (thanks for the fab directions, Cristi!), possibly with funky needles
5. Knucks for Dad (lots of carpentry in a BARN in Ontario winters requires Knucks, I think).
6. The promise of kilt hose for Future-BIL.
7. Maybe some knucks for Mum's BF...
8. Maybe a cool scarf and matching wristlets/gauntlets/gap-warmers for Dad's W.
9. BIL and FIL: I can't knit samurai books or fantasy lit, so I think we'll be visiting Chapters.
Yikes. I have my work cut out for me. I need to finish that kitty hat pronto. Here it is so far:Looks a little like a bat hat...I'm a little concerned it won't be 'kitteny' enough. Maybe I'll embroider "meow" with the CC near the brim, to clarify.