Monday, May 17, 2010

Birthday prep

Have you seen those Telus commercials with the animals?  Particularly their most recent campaign?


Well, Peanut loves them.  Adores them.  We don't watch any children's programming, so she doesn't really pay much attention to television the majority of the time, but when those '60's tunes start rockin' and that hippo starts frolickin' she howls with glee.  "Po-po! Po-po!" she cries: it's awesome.

Peanut will be celebrating her Second Birthday on Wednesday, so The Recruiter and I have been discussing what gifts might be best for our girl.  As you may have noticed, I like to get crafty, particularly for special occasions, so I took my cue from Peanut's newest obsession and came up with...

...this!



DSCF3805

The Recruiter and I are pretty in love with this shirt.  But here's where I ask a question of you: does it need a nose and a mouth?

More birthday garments to come!

4 comments:

  1. Never seen those commercials--but I love that shirt. I don't know if I'd make a mouth for it or not...I like the hippo as is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe they're only in Canada. Is Telus an international company? I don't know. Many's a diaper change which has been rendered possible through the judicious application of youtube and Po-po commercials!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would say nose, but subtle--just the nostrils. No mouth. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. too funny! my almost 2 y.o. is absolutely IN LOVE with hippos too--and here i thought that was super weird. i dunno...a 2 year old thing maybe? she has hippo shoes she ADORES. i think she'd be over the moon if i made her a tee like this :o)
    i do like it as-is, no mouth necessary
    and thanks so much for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...