Thursday, September 07, 2006

Errata

Isn't it lovely to discover you're doing things wrong?

I delivered the scarf and gauntlets from my previous post to the recipient, and she was delighted; really really thrilled, which, of course, was a thrill to me! As I suspected, her younger sister - who has punk aspirations, as well - took one look at the gauntlets and
coveted. It was adorable, really, super cute. So they negotiated, and I brought home the left-over balls of yarn to knit some more gauntlets.

After many, many froggings, I got a look at the first pair I'd made. Low and behold, I hadn't cast on 20 stitches, I'd cast on 32. Big difference. For the record, though, if you're looking to make child-sized gauntlets, 20 would be just right.

I should really write these things down as I do them...my memory is trashed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...