Wednesday, August 10, 2011

perfect

I am alone with Bubby in the living room. Jon, having read Peanut to sleep in the bedroom has fallen asleep himself. When I'm alone with Bubby I indulge in telling her all the silly, tender things I might normally only think. As I looked at her as I held her in my arms this evening, I was struck by her realness. Her perfectness. She's here.

And I lifted her up and kissed her scrumptious round cheeks and said,

"I grew you. Did you know? I grew you...and now here you are."



blog 1to6


I never cease to be amazed by the absolute perfection of my children. I'm sure every mother feels this way.



blog7


 I am both empowered and utterly, totally humbled by the mere fact of their existence.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:46 AM

    Oh goodness, what adorable photos! I love the expression on that face, and those chubby sweet cheeks!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...