Monday, April 20, 2009

A whole month? or, Actual knitting has happened!

Yes, I've actually started and completed an entire garment. Huzzah!

Of course, that garment is a little baby-sized sweater, done top-down and entirely seamless, but hey, it's an accomplishment!

I've also discovered that trying to get photos of a sweater while on a baby who is rapidly morphing into a toddler is rather challenging. She won't sit still anymore!

Tunic mosaic

Pattern: My own
Yarn: Lion Brand Cotton-Ease in Lime
Size: 11mo Peanut
Mods: none. The beauty of drafting your own pattern!
Comments: The neckline ended up way big, and the body isn't as long or as loose as I had planned (this is what happens when one 'eyeballs' a knitting pattern). I was hoping it would hit about mid-thigh, rather than just below the hip and that the body would have more of a trapeze shape to it. I plan to get some narrow ribbon and thread it through the first row of stitches to cinch in the neckline a bit. So, not a complete success, but a good first try!

2 comments:

  1. Look at that chubby little girl!!! So darling!! I love the sweater--reminds me og Cobblestone--but better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If that were a pattern I would be forced to knit it for my youngest. I love the yoke. Great job. And oh my goodness, is that baby cute or what? How can you resist those cheeks?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...