Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Because I've never done one, or, Glyn's asleep and I've got time to myself

Seven Deadly Sins meme:

WRATH
1. Who did you last get angry with?
- Uh, I guess that would be Peanut. I love her to pieces, but, my word, she can be infuriating at times!

2. What is your weapon of choice?
- Words can be handy, but my tiny attack dog is far more humiliating!

3. Would you hit a member of the opposite sex?
- I took a self-defence course when I was 14, and since then I've thought "Hells yeah! Bring on the smack!!" If warranted, of course.

4. How about of the same sex?
- Same story.

5. Who was the last person who got really angry at you?
- I think it must have been The Man. Must have been a long while ago, though.

6. What is your pet peeve?
- Bicyclists who ride the wrong way on one-way streets, or on the sidewalk, or roll through stop signs, thus nearly wiping me and my little daughter out. Grrr...

7. Do you keep grudges, or can you let them go easily?
- Not really. I more learn from previous experiences, and refuse to allow the same people to mistreat me in the future.

SLOTH
1. What is one thing you’re supposed to do daily that you don’t?
- Dishes. Or laundry. Or cleaning. And eating much. Peanut takes so much time.

2. What is the latest you’ve ever woken up?
- Recently: 8am. Ever: 4pm, the day after I arrived home from my student exchange trip to Seoul. I proceeded to eat 4 bowls of cereal. It was a weird, and very short, day.

4. What is the last lame excuse you made?
- Probably something about why I was late because of Peanut. She does complicate things.

5. Have you ever watched an infomercial all the way through?
- Definitely. Never getting that hour back, am I!

6. When was the last time you got in a good workout?
- Last night. Insanely, I'm dancing at the Highland Games Tattoo again this year. (Careful of that link: there's pipe music. And if you click on 'Tattoo' on the "Events" drop down, you'll see a blurry picture of dancers on the field. I'm in there.)

7. How many times did you hit the snooze button on your alarm clock today?
- My alarm clock is an 8lb infant, so, zero!

GLUTTONY
1. What is your overpriced yuppie beverage of choice?
- Venti Vanilla Non-fat Decaf Latte.

2. Meat eaters: white meat or dark meat??
- White, though I'm phasing chicken back out again.

3. What is the greatest amount of alcohol you’ve had in one sitting/outing/event?
-Um, I can't really remember. It started with "Scandinavian Lover"s, a drink my roommate made up involving peach puree, and then we had some wine, and a lot of beer...and the evening concluded with me smoking a cigarette. And I hate cigs.

4. Have you ever used a professional diet company?
- Nah.

5. Do you have an issue with your weight?
- 10 weeks post-partum, you bet my rather larger-than-I'd-like a$$.

6. Do you prefer sweets, salty foods, or spicy?
- Each in their own time, but crunchy-salty more than anything.

7. Have you ever looked at a small house pet or child and thought “lunch”?
- No. Committal? Absolutely!

LUST
1. How many people have you seen naked (not counting movies/family)?
- A handful by choice, a few by surprise.

2. How many people have seen YOU naked (not counting physicians/family)?
- Same by choice, but no surprises. :)

3. Have you ever caught yourself staring at the chest/crotch of a member of the opposite gender during a normal conversation?
- Yep, it was weird.

4. Have you ever kissed two people in one night?
- I think so...but who can remember!

5. What is your favorite body part on a person of your gender of choice?
- I was on the swim team in high school. I'm still a sucker for good shoulders and back.

6. Have you ever been propositioned by a prostitute?
- By a prostitute? No. By a beat up drunk in a market in Seoul? Yes.

GREED
1. How many credit cards do you own?
- One, prepaid.

2. What’s your guilty pleasure store?
- MAC. I like to feel pretty. :)

3. Would you rather be rich, or famous?
- Depends. If it was fame for singing, fame, otherwise, fewer worries about money would be fabulous.

4. Would you accept a boring job if it meant you would make megabucks?
- Only if it wasn't soul-sucking.

5. Have you ever stolen anything?
- Nope, though I mistakenly walked out of a grocery store with two sweet potatoes once. I went back and paid for them.

6. How many MP3s are on your hard drive?
- If I could figure out how to get iTunes to count them, I'd tell you. About a bazillion, though.

PRIDE
1. What’s one thing you have done that you’re most proud of?
- I'd say Peanut, but I'm more proud of her, so I suppose it's been the opera role I had last year. I think I was a pretty cool Papagena.

2. What one thing have you done that your parents are most proud of?
- Peanut. My mother is over the moon for this child!

3. What things would you like to accomplish in your life?
- Finish my BHum (finally) and then go on to grad school. Maybe end up writing or with a professorship.

4. Do you get annoyed by coming in second place?
- Only if I know that I could have tried harder or done more.

5. Have you ever entered a contest of skill, knowing you were of much higher skill than all the other competitors?
- Not ahead of time, though I discovered as the audition began that I was a shoe-in.

6. Have you ever cheated on something to get a higher score?
- I may have had a little extra *help* once or twice in my senior math courses.

7. What did you do today that you’re proud of?
- I got Peanut to take a nap. That alone is an accomplishment. This child does not sleep.

ENVY
1. What item (or person) of your friends would you most want to have for your own?
- Our friends have a pretty red laptop...and this one is about to kick it, pretty new one would be nice.

2. Who would you want to go on “Trading Spaces” with?
- Our friends K&M

3. If you could be anyone else in the world, who would you be?
- One of the more reasonable professional singers. Maybe Emma Kirkby: she's so talented and lovely and British!

4. Have you ever been cheated on?
- Yeah, but that was years and boyfriends and lifetimes ago! Hardly seems to matter, now.

5. Have you ever wished you had a physical feature different from your own?
- I'd like a better jawline. And about 20 lbs less. Grr...baby-weight.

6. What inborn trait do you see in others that you wish you had for yourself?
- Less anxiety. I'd love to just know and believe that things will be alright, whatever the concern.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...